RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Revamped Colour Analysis Training
House of Fraser Sale - Up to 50% Off
Launching the Shop By Body Shape Pages
Additions to your Winter Wardrobe
Karen Millen Coat Promotion - £50/€75 Off!

Most Popular Posts

SS 2012 Sales
SS2012
Tips and Tricks of the Styling Trade
Trends
very.co.uk
Wallis
What to wear to the office
powered by

My Blog

Wedding Dilemma

As a personal stylist, I often get asked for styling tips or advice so I thought I would add a selection to my blog. Today's question was about a wedding colour scheme:

Question:
Dear Kate,

I am getting married in July and am having problems with the colour scheme that I have chosen. My fiance's favourite colour is blue and mine is yellow so we would like blue dresses with a yellow sash. I would also like a blue and yellow colour scheme for the tables at the wedding breakfast.

My sister Sarah had her colours analysed by you earlier this year and she is deep and bright so we have found a lovely blue material but we are struggling to find a yellow that will work with it. The blue is similar to the picture attached.

Dan is worried that this blue is too bright. Can you give me some advice? Should we be looking for a pale yellow? Or a bright yellow? Anything that I have found so far has looked wrong.

Elle, London.

Answer:
Dear Elle,

You have definitely found the good blue for Sarah, it will look great with her dark hair and bright blue eyes. If you have other bridesmaids, you might want to check that this will not overpower their complexions.

I think you need to look for a yellow that can match the intensity of the blue dress. A pale yellow will not stand out enough against the bright blue and may end up looking like off-white. Similarly, a soft yellow will look strange against such a bold colour. There are a few mood boards below that show bold blues with stronger yellows. Most have more of a teal blue/yellow colour scheme which would also work well on Sarah so if the bright blue is too much for your other bridesmaids (or Dan!), you could look at this as an option.

The table colour scheme is probably a bit too teal and not blue enough for you but the dress and sash look great.

This is a very intense yellow without becoming too much like a mustard. You should look for a slightly brighter version if you go with the bright blue.

I also found this picture and liked the bold yellow sashes against the pure white chair covers. This kind of yellow would work well with the blue that you have found. I thought the balls of daisies were quite sweet too.

If you would like me to look at any swatches that you find, let me know.

You have a soft colouring so make sure your wedding dress is in a soft white rather than a pure brilliant white. If you need any help, I have a special occasion personal shopping service that is great for anyone in the bridal party. Good luck with the rest of the wedding plans and let me know if you would like any more help.

Kate

Personal Stylist

If you have any styling questions or dilemmas, email me at katerogers@perfectingyou.co.uk and I will reply asap. Or if you would like any help finding the perfect dress for a wedding or special occasion, check out the 'Perfecting Your Shopping' page www.perfectingyou.co.uk/Perfecting-Your-Shopping.html

19 Comments to Wedding Dilemma:

Comments RSS
Morgan Kim on 08 November 2012 07:35
Wedding is one of the important parts in human life. To begin that part we used to organize various types of events and clothing. Here mentioned every wedding ideas are seems to me extraordinary and effective. Thanks

bridal sarees online on 17 February 2014 06:15
Extremely challenging thanks, I'm sure your current readers could very well want considerably more items similar to this carry on the excellent work.

Best Wedding Photographer in Jaipur, on 16 September 2014 06:52
The website is extremely informative and is a great preview of what's to come!

Event Organizer In Jaipur on 16 September 2014 06:53
The website is extremely informative and is a great preview of what's to come!

Office Paper Products on 04 October 2014 09:29
Yes, it's very important for financial advisors, Thanks for nice post.

Dressmakers Leeds on 08 October 2014 09:34
You're so cool! I don't think I've research anything like this before. Thanks for your personal outstanding posting! I actually knowledgeable learning it, you will be an outstanding author. I will always preserve your web page and will often come coming back later on.

Middle123 Watches on 10 October 2014 08:31
If you don't like animals stay the hell away from me you're a sick twisted individual

Hire a dj on 31 October 2014 13:22
when i honestly think you would have fully sold me towards the idea had a person been capable of back up ones premis having a substantial bit extra solid facts.

Wedding Bands Toronto on 14 January 2015 07:46
Scottish wedding traditions, tales and folklore are renowned worldwide.

strony internetowe on 03 March 2015 13:04
In the stow you can see various merchandise pertaining to children First of, it's important to try to get the application to fit the main time frame ornament sort of the exact room

buy swiss watches on 06 November 2015 04:10

Bollywood lehenga collection on 26 July 2016 07:08
Wow!!! really very nice decoration of weddings, all the decorations are in yellow and blue color, thanks for giving such a brilliant idea.

row house near tcs indore on 15 November 2016 09:57
Great idea, thanks for share this here with us, please keep updating more.

rolex replica on 09 November 2017 03:51
good
Reply to comment

editing photo service on 01 December 2017 02:34
Hopefully the problem can be solved and the wedding is a success.

Marlon on 23 January 2018 09:31
I was looking information about the Wedding Dilemma when i see this post i am very happy to read this post. Thanks. open this link

uma on 26 April 2018 07:32
Your blog is full of informative terms. Good thing that you have able to share some great insights in your blog. This is a great blog sharing to have.invoice forms in free

carbonlessformsco on 14 June 2018 09:57
You made my day! I am very happy and relaxed too that I find this blog. I was looking for the matter discussed in blog post. If you have some more blogs on the material please share those as well. Thanks a lot and keep sharing such useful information. carbonless forms details

folding gymnastic mats for home on 22 June 2018 08:24
Kate Rogers thanks for making this post online here all about "Wedding Dilemma". Your posting style is really cool and awesome then others.