Find out how to create a smokey eye look by watching the tutorials below. Choose the video for your eye colour and practise your new look for the Christmas party season.
N.B. remember to choose warm shades of the colours suggested if you have a warm skin tone and cool tones if you have a cool skin tone.
The smokey eye effect for brown eyes tutorial
The smokey eye effect for blue eyes tutorial
The smokey eye effect for green/hazel eyes tutorial
For further direction, see the step by step guide below taken from www.ucmakeup.com. Again, adapt the colours that you choose to suit your skin tone. If you are unsure whether you have a warm or cool skin tone, see the Perfecting You with Colour page of the Perfecting You website.
1. Apply a dark brown eyeshadow like Clinique Deco Dence all over your lids using a medium sized eyeshadow brush.
2. Then apply a dark grey over the top like Clinique Graphite.
3. Using a different brush apply a cream colour onto your browbone. Use a large eyeshadow brush to blend the light and dark shadows to create a subtle effect.
4. Using a small, flat liner brush sweep the dark brown, then dark grey eyeshadows underneath your lower lashes towards the outside.
5. Using the small flatter brush again, add more dark grey to your sockets and blend thoroughly to add more depth.
6. Using a black kohl pencil, draw a line along your top lashes. To get the line straight and as near to the lashes as possible, stretch your eyelid as tight as possible with one finger and draw the line using the other hand. If you are unsure about doing this, try drawing dots along your lash line first, join them up and smudge the line with a cotton bud.
7. With the kohl pencil again, draw all along the inside of your lower lashes to create a really smokey look. Then add a bit of extra pencil on the lower outside edges of the lashes if needed.
8. Add as many coats of black mascara as you wish. If you wiggle the mascara brush from the root to the tip of the lashes as you go this ensures better coverage.
9. Using a cotton bud, sweep up any excess bits that may have dropped. Add a dab of highlighter with your fingertips on the inside corner of your eyes just to brighten them.
10. And thats it you're done!