Now that we are well and truly into the new year, I thought I would share a brief summary of one of the key clothing looks that will be coming up shortly for Spring Summer 2011.
The Sophisticated 70's
70's style has made a return in two different forms. There is the bohemian element of the 70's that has been popular for some time, but now there is a sophisticated look back from this era that started in AW2010 and has built for SS2011.
How to Wear the Sophisticated 70's Look by Day:
Think clean, voluminous silhouettes with a tone on tone 70's colour palette:
- High waisted flared or bell bottom trousers worn with a belt.
- Voluminous silk or satin bow-blouses worn tucked in with billowing sleeves.
- Roll neck jumpers worn tucked in with a beaded necklace layered over the top.
- The jumpsuit trend is set to continue - printed for day and metallic shimmery materials for night.
- For the more daring, hot pants as the ultimate 70's item.
Images courtesy of Vogue
Image courtesy of style.com