Last week's post was all about wedges so I thought I would share a few tips on how to wear them this summer. Wedges go with pretty much everything but there are a few tips below to give you some outfit ideas.
Why wedges and platforms are great:
- They give you height without the discomfort of high heels. The sole is built up at the front so the height ratio between the front and back of the shoe is less pronounced.
- They are easier to walk in than high heels.
- They will update any outfit instantly.
- They make anyone's legs look longer and leaner. They are especially good for heavy ankles as they will balance them out and make them appear slimmer.
- They look great with almost any length of skirt or dress.
How to Wear Wedges and Platforms
1. With Jeans
For a casual look, pair your wedges with jeans. Most styles will work from skinny to 70s inspired flares, but be sure to read the tips below to ensure that you get the look just right.
Wedges are great with skinny jeans as the additional height ensures that your legs look as long and lean as possible. Be sure to team with a looser top though.
Celebrities wearing Christian Louboutin Macarena Chain Link Wedges with Skinnies
Vanessa Hudgens with Zac Efron
Bootcut style jeans are great for all body shapes and are ideal to wear with wedges. The idea is to wear them long so that the wedge is just visible. Definitely be sure to avoid the ankle swinging look.
Jennifer Aniston in bootcut jeans and wedges
For the ultimate 70s look this summer, pair your wedges with flared jeans.
Model in Denim Flares
2. With Any Length Skirt/Dress
The leg lengthening properties of the wedge mean that they can be worn with mini, midi or maxi length skirts and dresses.
Michelle Williams and Emily Deschanel Wearing
Stella McCartney Maia Cork Platform Wedges
3. Let Your Wedges Do the Talking
If you have chosen a pair of wedges that are particularly bright or patterned, wear them with a plainer dress or outfit as below.
Kelly Rowland and Christine Centenera in Leopard Print Wedges
4. Experiment with Different Looks
Wedges are extremely versatile so have fun experimenting and wearing them with different outfits and for different occasions.
Jennifer Aniston wearing her Stuart Weitzman 'Alex' wedges 3 different ways
Vanessa Hudgens wearing her gladiator wedges 3 different ways